In October, we celebrated our first billion-impression month, and continued plugging away on WordPress 2.7 – along with a couple of other fun projects, to be announced.
Here are last month’s stats:
* 323,786 blogs were created.
* 343,832 new users joined.
* 4,085,148 file uploads.
* 1995.86 gigabytes of new files.
* 531 terabytes of content transferred from our datacenters.
* 8,862,195 comments.
* 1,309,045 logins.
* 1,088,583,200 pageviews on WordPress.com, and another 738,282,634 on self-hosted blogs (1,826,865,834 total across all WordPress blogs we track).
* 1,418,933 active blogs and 16,599,550 active posts where “active” means they got a human visitor.
* 1,179,018,712 words.
You went poll-crazy now that PollDaddy is integrated with the dashboard: 53,290 PollDaddy polls added this month – a 1250% increase from September.
We released the WordPress App for LinkedIn.
Two renowned authors joined WordPress: Sci-Fi novelist John Scalzi on WordPress.com VIP, and Nobel Prize winner Jose Saramago on WordPress.com.
October WordCamps: New York, Toronto, Bangkok, Hawaii.
Upcoming WordCamps in November: Charlotte (North Carolina), Tel Aviv, Australia.
Possibly related posts: (automatically generated)